Eat your flower beds
(one day course)
Time: 10am to 4pm
Sunday 4th August 2013
Price: £60 per person
A delicious lunch is provided from produce
grown at The Husbandry School. Materials are also provided and
you will have plenty of learning materials to take home and use
to your advantage.
Growing, using and cooking edible flowers.
Edible flowers have been used for centuries to flavour salads
and various dishes as well as for their medicinal properties.
Recently there has been a lot of interest in restoring these
edible delights back into the kitchen. Learn about some long
forgotten flowers and be amazed at what you can eat from your
own garden and the beauty and flavour they can bring to your
Spend the day in the garden and kitchen:
• Identifying and choosing edible flowers
• Learn about what to grow and how to grow it
• Harvesting and storing the crop
• Using edible flowers in salads and combining tastes and flavours
• Cooking flowers in the kitchen
• Making flower preserves, flower oils and petal sugars.